Training Director and Owner of
The Tom Rose School and The Dog House, Inc
Mr. Rose has been a professional dog trainer since 1968. Mr. Rose is one of the top trainers in America. He is equally successful in AKC obedience competition, as well as the Schutzhundsport. Schutzhund (Sch) is a German Sport to test the temperament and working ability of a dog. Schutzhund includes obedience, tracking and protection. The following is a list of Mr. Rose’s more outstanding accomplishments:
- Author of three books, "Training the Competitive Working Dog", "Dogs That Love and Protect", and "Dog Training With the Touch"
- Highest scoring “trained by exhibitor” dog in Schutzhund III in the National Championships 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1984.
- Won National Championship in Shutzhund I in 2003 and Shutzhund II in 2004 and highest scoring dog in Championship
- First American Trainer to earn an advanced tracking degree (FH) with a perfect score of 100 points. Mr. Rose previously held the record by scoring 97 points with another personally trained dog.
- Highest score in the history of the SchH sport (298 points out of a possible 300) ever to be earned by an American trainer
- Winner of the 1981 United States DVG Schutzhund III Championship.
- Represented The German Shepherd Dog Club of America at the World Union Championship in Salzburg, Austria 1982
- Mr. Rose earned the VDH Gold Trainers medal for his outstanding achievements in dog training and exhibition.
- Mr. Rose is self employed as a kennel owner and dog trainer. He personally trained numerous dogs to AKC and Schutzhund titles.He actively trains and supervises the training of well over 300 dogs per year. Pet dogs, competition dogs and police dogs are trained at his facility.
- Was the first to coin the certification "Professional Dog Trainer"
- Was the first to import and promote the Belgian Malinois breed into the United States as a police K-9